|The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (The "Regulations")|
What the new regulations mean for you as a buyer at the auction:
- In the case of an individual purchasing at auction, we will require a certified copy of a passport and utility bill.
- In the case of an individual acting on behalf of a third party individual, we will require a certified copy of a passport and recent utility bill from both parties.
- In the case of an individual acting on behalf of a company, we will require details about the company including ownership information on the ultimate holding company and ultimate beneficial owners of the company, including current addresses and dates of birth.
- If you are not the successful bidder your ID will be destroyed after the auction event.
- Registration on the evening of the auction opens from 5:30pm so please ensure you arrive early to ensure we have been able to satisfactory fulfil the necessary requirements.
In all cases we will require proof of funds.
The list of acceptable ID documents are as follows:
- Current signed passport
- Residence permit issued by Home Office to EU Nationals
- Current UK photocard driving licence
- Current full (not provisional) old style driving licence
- Benefits Agency book or original notification letter
- Inland Revenue Building Industry Sub Contractors Certificate
- Inland Revenue tax notification
- Firearms certificate
- Electoral register confirmation
- Utility bill (NOT mobile phone bill)
- Current year local authority tax bill
- Current UK photocard driving licence (if not already used)
- Bank, building society statement showing address
- Most recent mortgage statement from recognised lender Local council rent card or tenancy agreement
- Benefits Agency book or original notification letter (if not used already)
ID can be approved as follows:
- Come to our office with originals and we will certify them free of charge
- Solicitors, the bank, an accountant or other professional body can certify the relevant ID
- The Post Office can verify up to 3 x forms of ID for a charge of £10.50
All certified ID can be sent to us at email@example.com